About the Blog
Atlas & Axel is a blog that I created — named after my sons — to share my honest motherhood journey with others like me! I started this journey to connect with mothers who were interested in learning more about pregnancy, child development and motherhood in general as well as sharing a little bit about my lifestyle as a mom along the way. If you are looking for some advice and want to know that you aren’t alone, you’ve come to the right place!
HELLO, My name is Ainsley!
I just wanted to share a little bit about myself with you!
My entire life I’ve grown up around children — from helping my mom out with foster children since I was 8, to a formal education in Child Development, to becoming a mother of two by the age of 23. You’d think that by now I’d have the whole parenting thing down to a T, but the truth is I struggle just as much as the rest.
A few kind of interesting facts about me:
- I currently have 7 siblings; 2 biological and 5 adopted
- I need Vanilla Iced Coffee from McDonald’s to survive each day
- I’m always striving to be better (than myself)
- Working out keeps me sane
- I got pregnant right out of university, so I didn’t get to work in my field very much and all this knowledge I gained is dying to be put to use somewhere!
Im going to be honest and say that I don’t have all the answers yet, but I’d love it if you’d join alongside me on this motherhood adventure so we can continue learning together!